Klein, Grace Quilter receive Grains for Hope scholarships
Recently, two Grains For Hope scholarships were awarded by Grains For Hope president Demelia Funk.
Recipients were Klein Quilter and Grace Quilter. Klein submitted an innovative plan to grow sweet potatoes. Grace requested funding for a halter for her bucket calf, Oreo.
Students aged 5 to 18, who would benefit from additional funding for project supplies, and would like to develop an invention or to try out a creative idea, are invited to apply for a Grains For Hope scholarship. Applications may be sent once a year.
• Develop an invention, improve a project already in place, plan a learning trip, etc.
• Complete the application, make a video or write a paragraph explaining your idea and request for financial support. Submit all to Grains For Hope.
• The Grains For Hope Scholarship Committee will review the video and request.
• The Grains For Hope Scholarship Committee will contact applicants with results.
• Scholarships to be given will be awarded as quickly as possible.
• When you finish your project, invention, trip, etc., please make a video about how it went. Tell about what went right, what went wrong, what you learned. Perfect results are not expected. Learning by doing is the goal.
• Please give a copy of your video and any additional materials to archive with the Grains For Hope team.
For more information about Grains For Hope, go to their website at www.grainsforhope.org, or email Carol Spangler at firstname.lastname@example.org.